The Nascent Magician
a correspondence course in magick
Complete instruction in ritual magick, an opportunity to experience the arcane arts at home, at your own pace, The Nascent Magician is your personal training school.
Get access to private mentorship and group support. I'm personally available to answer questions and assist you. You can contact me in-person, by email, phone or Skype.
The price of the course covers all of this:
* 4 private coaching sessions with me (one hour, each)
* 12 lessons, each between 50-100 pages
* Access to a private, student forum on Google +
* Private study groups with myself and other students
* 8 homework assignments in each lesson
* Practice tests help you know you are ready
* Worksheets for your studying convenience
In the coaching sessions, you get me all to yourself, to pick my brain. You can use those credits whenever you feel you need them, just make an appointment with me.
Additionally, if you live near Raleigh, NC, you can attend the study group that I hold at my house. It's free and it's for students only. That is optional and it's usually held once every two weeks, on a Sunday afternoon. This is a small group, so you'll have ample opportunity to get your questions answered and take part in activities.
On top of that, you will have exclusive access to the Nascent Magician internet forum, which is also for students only. There, you can share your questions and experiences with other students of this course.
Each lesson is at least two weeks of work. You will need at least 1 hour per day to study and practice.
Be sure you can set that much time aside.
Sincere seekers only.
* There are 2 types of students for this course *
1) Survey Students - those who only want the lessons for personal study.
2) Graduate Students - those who want to the diploma. There are tests to take and some required purchases. You'll have 12 lessons, homework, tests and a Final Exam.
Each test has forty or more questions, multiple choice, True/False, fill-in-the-blank, brief essay, short answer.
You will be emailed the .pdf files for the lessons. You'll use Adobe Reader to open .pdf files. Adobe Reader is free and easy to download. Get it here: Adobe Reader
Avoid problems by adding [email protected] to your email contacts. Please allow 48 hours for delivery. I might be very busy. I usually respond within a day.
This course is about white and gray magick. I'm not a fan of malefic work, except under very threat of imminent danger. There is a lot of protection magick in the lessons.
Want to know if it's good? See the testimonials page for comments from students taking the course.
The lessons are about 50-100 pages each (16 point type, for readability). Lesson 1 is over 100 pages. There are worksheets in the lessons that you can print out to practice your work and tons of helpful resources.
There is a recommended reading list, lots of ritual work that is explained in step-by-step fashion, with complete explanations of what each ritual is for.
No previous experience is necessary. You need only a fervent desire to learn. You're going to work at this but then, nothing worth actually doing is easy, is it?
Study, do the homework, the ritual work. Ask questions on the forum. Call me when you're ready to test. Those who succeed are those who get started.
are full of
useful study guides
* This is not a Wicca course.
* It is not an OTO or Thelemic study.
* This is not pure Golden Dawn.
* You will not be learning Voodoo or Santeria.
* It's not a step by step for any particular grimoire.
* Those are great systems, just not what I'm teaching.
In The Nascent Magician, you'll learn a mix of Ceremonial, Pagan and Hoodoo. There are pure Hoodoo techniques taught here. There are authentic GD rituals taught here, as well as witchcraft spells, like any Wiccan might learn or teach.
However, these are never presented as being the only way. The NM course will u should have enough basis of ground work to be able to move into most other systems and understand what is going on there.
You can be of any religion and do this course. However, you cannot harbor any serious resentments against any religion. In the NM course, we use symbolism that is Pagan, Christian, Jewish and anything else, so long as it works. I have zero tolerance for bashing of anyone. Talk trash about any other religion or magickal system and you will be warned. Keep it up and be expelled.
This course is heaviest on the Ceremonial magick. There is also a ton of Hoodoo and Pagan spellcraft.
The old grimoires are usually what you would call Ceremonial Magick. The Golden Dawn spawns from these, while Wicca springs from the Golden Dawn and
Hoodoo is a blend of Santeria, born in the American South, as a mongrel of Voodoo and Santeria, in Africa and Haiti.
What is covered
* Magickal theory & magickal practice
* How to plan and execute a spell, start to finish
* The Magickal Elements (Spirit, Fire, Water, Air, Earth)
* Mystical Qabalah (as opposed to religious Kabbalah)
* How to make and consecrate Talismans & Amulets
* Candle magick
* Effective Prayer
* Money & financial conjure
* Dealing with personal karma
* Uncrossing: removing crossed condition, jinxes, curses
* How to make and use Holy Water
* Banishing negative energy, curses and hostile Spirits.
* How to set up your altar... and how to use with it
* Psychic self-defense
* How to prepare and utilize a space for ritual
* Working with the phases of the Moon
* Making, using and caring for magickal tools
* The magickal diary and the dream diary
Some of the traditional rituals taught in the course:
* Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram
* Lesser Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram
* Middle Pillar
* Banishing Ritual of the Hexagram
* Liber Resh Vel Helios
Other examples of rituals taught here:
* Rite of Elemental Equilibration
* Various psychic shielding techniques
* The Relaxation Ritual
* Ritual baths
* Daily adorations
* Meal blessings
* Spirit offerings (to develop allies)
You'll also learn:
* ESP training
* How to understand and use magickal languages
* Calculating planetary hours
* Timing and planning your spells
* Consecration of a tarot deck, dice, pendulum, etc
* Sacred Geometry
* How to construct servitors
* What to look for in magickal groups
* What to avoid in magickal groups
* Vibratory formula explained
* Protection spells
* Wording of intentions/petitions, to avoid spell failures
* How to work with Deities, Angels & chthonic Spirits
* Understand Low Magick and High Magick
* Understand Ceremonial Magick & Natural Magick
* Visualization exercises
* Magickal baths
* Spiritual cleansing of self and environment
* Mojo hands (aka mojo bags, gris gris)
* How to use herbs & incenses
* Stones, crystals and gems
* Understand and create Spirit sigils
* The use of color in ritual
* Exercises to help your visualization skills
* How to choose a magickal name/motto
* Planetary kameas
* Electional Astrology
* Spirit Communication
Many exercises are included in the material that will help you gain control over your mind, body, thoughts, habits, feelings and emotions. Learn how to manipulate your breathing and improve your diet and general health.
* Must be 18... or have permission from your parents.
* You'll need at least one hour per day to practice.
If you can't put in at least 30 minutes, then try to free up your schedule first and come back to this. It's entirely self-paced, just know that it's going to take some time.
* A space to do your ritual work.
You do not need permanent, dedicated space, just to be able to set up an altar, burn candles and incense. You want your ritual work to be undisturbed.
The space doesn't need to be large, just private. Even a 4ft x 4ft area is fine. You only need short periods, like ten minutes or an hour, possibly two hours at a time.
I had a person ask me if someone in prison could do the course. I had to answer no, at least not all of it. They could do portions of the work.
Many of the rituals can be done astrally or mentally. Those would be useful to a prisoner. Still, a prison won't allow you to burn candles or incense, so they'd be limited to the theory, studies and some of the ritual work. So, a prisoner would want to be a Survey Student.
* A bit of disposable income to purchase materials, such as candles, incense, herbs, art & craft materials to make things, etc. It shouldn't break the bank but allot some funds (maybe ten or twenty bucks) for each lesson, since there will be things you need to execute the work.
For Graduate Students, this is required. For Survey Students, it is merely recommended.
If you have a few questions before you get started, that's understandable and I will be glad to answer your concerns, to the best of my ability. But I will say that I have noticed time and time again that the people who ask more than five questions, never actually begin the course.
This is a very real statistic that I picked up on after phone and email conversations with lots and lots of people. So, after five questions, guess what... I will ignore you! I do not chase students. Do it or don't do it, I don't care. My time is reserved for those who are already seriously working away at the material. The people who are really determined to learn magick will do the work. These people rarely ask more than three questions. They just get started.
Purchase the course here
The Nascent Magician
Desiring to have some sort of viable proof that they have undertaken the work involved, many students will seek after the diploma offered upon graduation. This is perfectly natural and healthy. A certificate can assist you to prove a level of competency, showing that you have completed the regimen of magickal practice. This may be especially useful for those who provide services to others, as well as authors, makers of arcane supplies, etc.
If you don't want to turn in homework and take tests, then you will be a SURVEY STUDENT. Just like surveying a college course, you take the class but don't receive any official credit. Nobody asks for homework. It doesn't affect your GPA. The tests are not required.
If you would like to earn the certificate, then you will to be a GRADUATE STUDENT.
Details for Graduate Students are here: